Making sure you know where your goods are at all times
Traceability for containers
Paragon ID, leaders in the field of RFID, use this technology to simplify the management of re-usable trays, barrels and boxes, and effectively track their contents. Each tray is identified by a RFID tag or label which contains a chip with a unique identification number.
The RFID tags are then read when they enter/exit a specific area and the data is automatically sent to the company’s IT system. Using this technology the precise location of each tray is known at any given moment.
Paragon ID’s RFID technology allows you to track trays and other containers whether they are located at your premises or not. For example, you know which trays are at which supplier, or distributor, so they are less likely to be lost or misplaced. It allows you to rationalise the number of trays required, putting an end to overstocking, and therefore cutting costs.
Compared to other “tray identification” solutions, RFID brings additional benefits including:
• Automated and simultaneous reading and recording of several trays at once
• No reading errors due to dirty labels, misprinted barcodes, manual input, etc.
• Same life span for the label and the tray: a RFID chip can be read hundreds of thousands of times without error
Integrated with your internal management system, RFID technology allows you to record information about a specific tray, which is then automatically added to your database.
Paragon ID’s RFID technology offers a reliable solution to track the contents of your trays, or other containers.
There are multiple applications:
• Information related to the respect of the cold chain in the food industry
• Optimization of delivery routes for the express transport sector
• Traceability of parts supplied to subcontractors in the automotive or aerospace sectors